.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Workout with a Friend

Good morning!  I have to say, I'm fully taking advantage of Lauretta being homeYesterday morning she arrived at my house and we ran to the track for a little session full of 2's, 3's and 4's.   

Post run, awful picture of us! 
From my place, we ran a 2.5 mile warm-up.  I can't say this enough...it is soooooo great to have someone to run and train with, even if it is for a few days.  Once we arrived at the track, we did some drills and strides.  Lauretta said that she hasn't been on the track since October...but one would never know!

Our workout was on the lighter side.  Depending on how we felt, we decided to make it up as we went along.  It was such a beautiful morning with little wind...a rare occurance on that track.  Here's what we did:

3 x 200 - 37.7, 37.6, 38.2 
2 x 400 -  78.7, 79.9 
2 x 300 - 57.5, 57.8 
3 x 200 - 38.2, 37.5, 36.5  

Everything was at about a minute rest, give or take a few seconds.  I felt decent but those 400s always get me.  Last week I did 6 x 400 on the track at 79-80 {5:20 mile} pace.  Comparing the two workouts, I definitely felt better yesterday than last week.   

We even had a visitor...my college coach Mark Will-Weber.  At one time, Mark coached Lauretta when she was living here in Bethlehem too.  I always love seeing him!  

Overall, it was another good workout to put me back into the groove.  The rest of the day was gorgeous!  I sat out on my porch for a bit...


...and spent time with my kids and husband..and of course, Willsey.  

How did you spend your Easter/Spring break?  Enjoy your day!  

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment