.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things I really love.


Everyone has a list of things that they can’t live without, including me.  As I was driving home the other day, the idea struck me to share these things with you.  Obviously, my husband and children are at the top of the list…but these goodies are a close second. 

I already shared with you one thing that has been a lifesaver…my friend, the foam roller.  I am telling you, this piece of Styrofoam is amazing and well worth the $20 I paid for him.   He massages sore muscles without the expense of a therapist.  


I am in love with Benefit’s Lemon Aid.  My friend, Beth, introduced me to this little miracle in a case.  It is a thick, soft yellow correcting cream that is used on the eyelids to erase redness and discoloration.  When I use this cream in the morning, my eyes look brighter and ready to go!  Plus it serves as a nice base for eyeliner and eyeshadow.  


Vaseline…the tried and true petroleum jelly that has about a zillion uses.  I like to use it on my lips at night, or before a run in the cold weather because it soothes and protects against dryness and cracking.  I have been known to slather it on my hands at night while covering them with a pair of cotton gloves.  The warmth generated from the gloves helps the Vaseline to penetrate into my skin causing me to wake-up with smooth and moisturized hands.  It is a great way to remove eye make-up too.

Last summer my husband bought me a Garmin running watch for my birthday and I will never go back to wearing an Ironman or a Nike watch again.  I love the way it tracks the distances and paces I run, plus it is great to keep track of splits.  It’s also perfect to take on a vacation run where you aren’t familiar with the area.  


I am not a big lipstick fan, nor do I wear a lot of make-up, but I do love Christian Dior’s Serum de Rouge.  This lip gloss goes on smooth for a lightweight, colorful sheen and it comes in a plethora of colors.  They don’t sell it at Sephora anymore, so I have been ordering it online through Nordstrom’s.  Trust me, it’s worth it!


While heels look amazing with many outfits, sometimes my feet just call for a comfy pair of ballet flats.  On those days, I turn to my favorite pair.  These black, jeweled beauties have been worn a ton!  They are comfortable and look great with just about any outfit.  It will be a sad day for me when they go into retirement.  


This past fall I hosted a Premier jewelry party for my friend Lauretta.  While I got a ton of cool pieces, my absolute favorite is the Runway necklace.  This silver sparkler goes with almost every outfit I own, and I find that I wear it to school a few times a week.  


I will admit it...I love dark chocolate.  My favorite is this delectable bar made by Chocolove.  It is a  hunk of sweetness that contains pure, rich dark chocolate along with almonds and sea salt.  In my opinion, it's the perfect combination of sweet and salty.  This treat will put you in the mood to do just about anything, maybe even a load of laundry! 


Lastly, while I love my family to pieces, I am truly in love with my little boy.  Willsey is my 10-month old Golden Retriever and he is a pure beauty.  He is loveable, but a little crazy at times.  And, he is always there for me at the end of a long day.  In the future, I believe he will make a fine training partner too. 

So here you have it…a few of my favorite things.  So what are your favorite things?  I would love to hear what your go-to items are and why they are special…

No comments:

Post a Comment