.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Elvis Omelet

The other day my friend Jolene told me about a new omelet she discovered at the Starlite Diner.  It’s called the Elvis Omelet and when Jolene ordered it off the menu, she immediately knew it was a hit.  Better yet, it’s super easy to make.


What’s in the Elvis Omelet?  Three eggs cooked with a {whole} sliced banana, then peanut butter sandwiched in between the eggs when they are done.  Topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, this omelet is both delicious and healthy.  Plus, I’m sure egg whites could be substituted to make this dish even healthier. 

A quick side note: Lately we’ve been bombarded with devastating news, and our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Newtown, CT.  Jolene told me that she accidentally left her wallet at the Starlite on that day and one of the workers found it.  Somehow her mother was reached and the wallet was returned, all contents in tact.  When Jolene went back to retrieve it, she thanked the girl and gave her all of the cash that was left.  Bottom line, there are still people in this world who are thoughtful, caring and kind, but sometimes we tend to lose sight of the goodness that is around us.    

Thanks for sharing, Jolene!


As for running, I ran a solid 5 miler in just under 38 minutes last night.  It was a race against darkness so I pushed myself a little bit, even though I was tired from my day at school.

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Senor Corredor LentoDecember 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM

    Yo corriendo tambien. Solamente quince milas. Que lastima! :( Mi oido maltido!

    ReplyDelete