.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back, A Few Resolutions + An Icy Five


As 2012 comes to a close, I can proudly look back upon a few of its highlights and say that I accomplished what I set out to do.  Here are a few of my resolutions from 1/1/12...
  • Not only getting back into "running" shape, but racing shape too. 
  • Beginning this blog, which launched on January 21, 2012.
  • Making healthier food choices...
  • Making new friends and reconnecting with old ones.

As I look ahead to the upcoming year, I don't necessarily have any new or significant resolutions.  But instead, I want to tweak a few of last year's to make myself an even better person both physically and mentally.

Resolutions for 2013:
  • I plan on continuing to run and train to the best of my ability and as time allows, but I want to focus more on taking care of my body.  This includes daily stretching, increased yoga sessions and more time on the foam roller.  
  • I've been saying for a while that I want to make some changes to this blog including a new logo and a move from Blogger to WordPress.  To do this, I've enlisted the help of a friend to help me with the "techy" stuff that is way over my head.  
  • I think I do a decent job with making good food choices and cooking healthy meals.  However, my goals this year are to totally eliminate any processed food {I really don't eat much of that to begin with}, add more veggies into my diet, and to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
  • I need to become more organized in my home.  Because of my schedule, my life in general is extremely organized and everything is planned out in advance.  But, the one area that I tend to push to the side is keeping my home in order.  Like my mom says, everything should have a place.  Quite honestly, everything does NOT have a place in my house and I want to work on that in the upcoming months.

This morning I went for the last run of the year...an easy five miler through downtown. 


Due to the slick icy patches and snowy sidewalks my run was a little more relaxed than normal, and the last 50 yards was on pure ice...hence the 11:45 {pace} that was registered on my watch.  I also wore the new jacket my sister gave me for Christmas.  It's perfect for colder weather because it provides extra protection from the wind in the chest area and to me, it was comparable to wearing a vest.  A short-sleeved shirt underneath was all I needed to be "perfectly" comfortable throughout my run.    


I hope that you all have a safe New Year's Eve and a healthy and prosperous 2013.  What are your resolutions for the upcoming year?



   











No comments:

Post a Comment