.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Breakfast with Dad / No-Bake PB Granola Bars

Today is Breakfast with Dad at our daughters’ school and Fred will have the pleasure to start his day with two dates.  The school always requests members of the PTA to donate or bake goods to be served at this event and this year, I decided to make No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars from Anne at fANNEtastic Food.  In the past, I assembled mini yogurt parfaits in clear plastic tumbler cups.  They were normally a hit but due to time, I decided to make these bars because they are quick, easy and delicious.  Plus, I think the dads will appreciate a healthy snack among the sea of bagels, donuts and pastries.    


This recipe includes simple ingredients such as oats, brown rice cereal, flaxseed, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and peanut butter. The best part?  There is no baking involved!  Just place them in the fridge for a few hours and they are all set, literally.  


Because this is a school event, I decided to individually wrap the bars in clear plastic bags and label them with these homemade labels.  Since they include peanut butter, I thought it was important to make sure everyone was aware of that particular ingredient.  




Once they were bagged, I placed them all in a cardboard tray and they were ready for Fred to take with him.  I hope my husband and the gals have a fun time together at their Breakfast with Dad!  And I wonder…what could possibly be served at Breakfast with Mom?? 


What is your favorite recipe to make for a school function or a bake sale? 

No comments:

Post a Comment