.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, November 9, 2012

Loving Lately

This past week was all about trying to find comfort and routine after the wrath of Hurricane Sandy, which sort of left me in a bit of a funk.  When I am feeling lackluster, I tend to look for things around me that I can wrap myself in, kind of like a warm blanket.  

For years, I have looked to crocheting as a way to relax in front of the TV after a long day.  In my opinion, the monotonous strokes of the needle weaving through the yarn is mind calming and serene.  Recently I started making children’s hats again, like this one.  Most of mine include affixed silk or crocheted flowers or tassels bouncing on the top.  

 
There is nothing like a girls’ night…especially with my own kids.  The other night, we treated ourselves to a meal that is normally not on our diet…Five Guys burgers and fries.  Healthy? No. Delicious? Absolutely.   


Sometimes finding the motivation to run in the chilly temps can be tough, especially after a long day at school.  But when I’m done…I feel better about myself and glad that I got out the door, even if it is only for 36 minutes and 2 seconds.


Willsey can be a handful, but he also is such a love.  The other night, my daughter and I were hanging out in the dining room doing homework as Willsey looked on from across the room, behind the sofa.  This was a first.


Tonight my sister will be inducted into the Moravian College Athletic Hall of Fame for her accolades in cross-country and track.  I sure am proud of her and can’t wait to be a part of the special evening ahead.  In my closet, I had a dress to wear…but not the right pair of shoes to pull it off.  Of course, my favorite store {DSW} had just what I needed with these.  I already own the exact pair in tan, so the black was an obvious choice because I love them so much.  They are classic and feminine, a combination that will work with any outfit. 


Nothing says comfort like a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and that's what I made last night.  We all needed a little something to take the chill off of our bones and this soup was the perfect remedy.


What are you loving lately?

1 comment:

  1. In your storage warehouse of shoes, you didn't have ones that would match your outfit?

    ReplyDelete