.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, February 3, 2012

Oldies, but Goodies...and Speed Work Too.


TGIF!!  I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad it's Friday.  Today is filled with a teacher in-service and a track workout to follow.  I am prepared for a pretty vigorous workout since Coach Jesse gave me the rundown of what is to come.  We are going to attempt a workout full of 800's and 300's.  Geez...what am I getting myself into?  Just kidding...more of that tomorrow...

So, about today's post...one never knows what they will find when they clean out their old clothes bins.  I recently went through a few of my own and found a some awesome treasures that have completed my winter running wardrobe. Take a look...

The first item I found were these old Gortex mittens.  I will ask my mother, but I am pretty sure that they are circa 1992.  I’m not joking!  A few days ago, I put them on when I ventured out on a run.  The weather was chilly and a little windy and to my surprise, my hands actually got hot!  So, I took them off about half way through to avoid the unnecessary overheating of my hands.  Phew...these mittens are warm, AND they are a winner.  Score with the mittens!


Another surprise that I recently found was this Pearl Izumi bright yellow windbreaker.  It is so bright, that you almost need sunglasses to look at it.  I wasn’t sure if they even made Pearl Izumi products anymore, so I googled them.  Sure enough, they are still out there. Check out www.pearlizumi .com for up-to-date information on the company.  They specialize in biking, running, and outdoor clothing.  Anyway, this jacket is perfect for this time of year.  On those balmy 40 degree winter days when you want to start your run with a base layer and a little something extra, this jacket does the trick.  Plus, it can easily be taken off mid-run and tied securely around the waist without much fuss or bulk.  It has obviously been worn quite a bit since the label is practically falling off.  Score again!


Finally, I found this navy vest.  I think it will be perfect for those in-between winter/spring days where a runner needs to guard their chest from the wind that comes with the season.  I am not sure how I feel about the tight elastic around the waist, but I think in a pinch, it will do the trick.  Score number three! 


So the next time you think you need to go on a shopping spree for new running clothes, check out what you have in storage.  You never know when a diamond in the rough may appear.

Have a fun and fantastic Friday!  

Enjoy!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment