.quickedit{display:none;}

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Valentine's Playlist.


Happy Sunday!

Before you read what I have to say, let me state this disclaimer:
HEART Valentine's Day.

I love everything about it from the chocolate-covered strawberries to the mushy cards from my husband, and the lovely dinner I make for my family complete with miniature meatloaves in the shape of a hearts.  Some believe Valentine's Day is a made-up holiday created by greeting card companies so they can make a few extra bucks, while others believe in legends such as the one about St. Valentine who was a martyr that believed in love.  I believe that it is a special time to wear red, and to celebrate "love" with the person/people nearest and dearest to your heart. 

So....it’s almost Valentine’s Day and whether you are having a romantic dinner for two, or celebrating with the entire family (kids and all), it’s always a nice touch to have the perfect music humming in the background.  I decided to come up with a playlist of my own that I believe would suit just about anybody’s tastes. 

Keep in mind that this list includes little of this and a little of that.  From alternative to country, there is a song or two for everyone to enjoy.  Take a look…

My Girl...The Temptations
Just the Way You Are…Billy Joel
Moondance….Van Morrison
Crazy for You…Madonna
Fallin’ For You…Colbie Caillat
I Could Not Ask For More…Edwin McCain
Marry Me…Train
This Year’s Love…David Gray
I’m Yours…Jason Mraz

Better Together…Jack Johnson
All You Need Is Love…The Beatles
Faithfully…Journey
Only You Can Love Me This Way…Keith Urban
Kiss From a Rose…Seal
Falling Slowly..."Once" Soundtrack/Glen Hansard
A Groovy Kind of Love…Phil Collins




Ain’t No Mountain High Enough…Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel
Friday I’m In Love…The Cure


Finally, my niece and nephew sang the song "Never Alone" last year at our wedding.  I never heard of it prior, but still today, it is a favorite of ours. 

Never Alone…Jim Brickman featuring Lady Antebellum


Tomorrow, I will feature the recipe for my heart-shaped meatloaves.  Now I am off for my 8 mile long run....Have a wonderful day!

Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment