.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, September 21, 2012

Poppin' Out Some Intervals

Last night I did some speedy stuff on the track as a change of pace, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a true workout.  It was more like a few intervals sandwiched between some distance.


To start, I warmed up for 20 minutes and then met Jesse at the track.  After a set of drills and strides, the workout began…

The Plan:  A light workout to get my legs moving and my heart rate up. 

{200, 400, 400, 200} x 2

200 – 39.13 {1 min rest}
400 – 79.88 {2 min rest}
400 – 78.69 {2 min rest}
200 – 37.17

{4 minutes rest}

200 – 39.3 {1 min rest}
400 – 79.26 {2 min rest}
400 – 78.25 {2 min rest}
200 – 36.45

2 mile cool down

Total distance: ~5.5 miles

I felt pretty good, despite a little soreness.  My left IT band has been tight at the attachment point at the top of the left hip, so I went to see my chiropractor after school on Wednesday.  He warned me that it would probably be a little sore after the session.  He wasn't joking.  It was very sore!   

After the workout, I headed home and relaxed in a calm and quiet house…just Willsey and me.  We enjoyed a light dinner for two one that consisted of stove-popped popcorn with Parmesan and red wine.  I wasn't very hungry for anything too heavy. 



Willsey had a rough day...he was passed out by my feet.   

 
I also had the opportunity to get caught up on a few items on my to-do list. 

Unfortunately, I didn't make the Wednesday night dinner with my girlfriends at Molinari's, but they reported back with amazing reviews and I can't wait to try it out for myself.

Enjoy your Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a tasty dinner that's good for your immune system!

    ReplyDelete