.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, October 12, 2012

Loving Lately

Oreos and milk are a classic combination.  Their mint variety is even better, in my opinion. 


October seems to be a popular month for birthdays in my circle.  My mom and aunt shared a birthday last week, Jesse's was Tuesday and Fred's big day is tomorrow.  Needless to say, we had several celebrations already, starting with this vanilla layer cake with butter cream frosting.

 
Followed by Dirt Cake, which is crushed chocolate sandwich cookies layered with a cream cheese/confectionery sugar mixture.  


Some say that I could open a store with my collection of wrapping paper and ribbon.  I love beautiful presents wrapped precisely for the person who is receiving them.  This one was for my mom.  


Holidays are nice treats to break up an otherwise long work week.  I spent a small part of my Columbus Day switching up seasonal clothing, but my assistant had another activity in mind...a long nap!   


What are you loving lately?






1 comment:

  1. Mint oreos -- yum! We celebrate all of our family birthdays by July, so we're in a sad birthday slump right now. I should have planned that procreation a little better to give us more spread-out opportunities to eat cake.

    ReplyDelete