.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Mac and Cheese

Pumpkin is the flavor of fall, with Dunkin Donut's pumpkin coffee topping my list.  I recently came across this recipe for pumpkin macaroni and cheese in a supplemental magazine from our local newspaper and was immediately drawn.


I pretty much followed the recipe completely, however, I used the entire box of pasta and increased the measurements of the cheeses, pumpkin and milk by the slightest bit.     


Rather than using a 9x13 baking dish, I used two nine-inch cake pans.  Prior to placing them in the oven, I topped each with Italian breadcrumbs, some leftover Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. 


The result?  Delicious!  The pumpkin flavor wasn't overpowering, but it worked just enough to give this old-fashioned dish a modern twist.   



For another fun recipe using pumpkin, try my Pumpkin Muffin in a Mug.

What are you making with pumpkin this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment