.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Microwaved Pumpkin Muffin in a Mug

Hello, friends!

I have been reading about these cakes and muffins that can be made in the microwave using a coffee mug.  Have you heard of them?  

Recently I stumbled across a simple recipe, but I knew right away that it needed several changes to suit my tastes.  With a little brown sugar and some cinnamon, this microwaved muffin came together quite nicely.  Here's the verdict:


Ingredients:
One medium-sized coffee mug sprayed with cooking spray
1 whole egg
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons heavy cream, or milk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar, plus some for the top

Mix all together in a small bowl.


Pour into sprayed mug and sprinkle a little brown sugar on the top.  



Microwave on high for 3 minutes.  Check, and then microwave another 2 minutes until done. 


Note: Cut-up strawberries were delicious mixed in, or top with a dollop of peanut butter.  Caution- the muffin also gets extremely hot!  

I stored the rest of the pumpkin in an air-tight container for future use.




This was a quick, easy, and tasty treat and it can be made for breakfast, lunch, or dinner {like I did after my time trial}.  


Enjoy!


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment