.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Birthday Bus{y}ness

Hello Friends!


It's Tuesday and I have been a little nutty lately.  I have been teaching Vacation Bible School at my church this week in the mornings and getting ready for a garage sale for this coming weekend.  Besides all of that, I have been trying to fit in some daily runs.  

On that note, I ran a good 5-miler yesterday with next to no pain...but this morning I only went three because I felt a little sore.  I talked to Jesse about alternating longer days with shorter days to ease back into the mileage and he thought this was a good idea.  

Yesterday, I met my mom, sister, nephews and aunt...plus our second cousins and their children at a park for some fun and a picnic.  The kids had a blast playing on all of the equipment!  For lunch, I packed myself some leftover chicken salad, a side of mango and blueberries, and a baggie of lentil chips.  



My nephew had a slight accident and his lunch ended up all over the ground.  Poor Mason!  The joy of children.



Here's a picture of the girls.  From left: Melissa, Tara {my sister}, Amy, and me. 




It just seems like yesterday when we were all still in high school and here we are now...all grown up with kids of our own.  Time goes so fast.

Speaking of time flying, today is my birthday...thirty-eight to be exact.  The closer I get to 40, the more and more I don't like birthdays.  Despite my birthday unhappiness, I did get something I have been wanting/needing...


A new phone!  You see, I've had a Blackberry for the past year and a half, and it's just not cutting it in the world of blogging, picture taking and apps.  I initially had my heart set on an iPhone but since Fred had to switch over to T-Mobile for his work, this phone apparently is the "cat's meow" in terms of smartphones on the market.  


It's going to take me some time to get used to all of the functions and Fred says the keyboard is definitely a difference between the Blackberry and this new phone.  There you see Willsey peeking through the background too.   

For lunch today, in the midst of changing over from Verizon to T-Mobile, the four of us had a quick lunch at Zoup, a place where they have about 12 daily soups to choose from, plus salads, sandwiches and more.  Since it was hot, I decided on a chilled variety...a spicy, low-fat, vegetarian, dairy-free Gazpacho with a whole grain baguette on the side.  It was quite delicious and hit the spot for lunch!


What's up for the rest of the night?  As soon as I drag the kids out of the pool, we are heading to my parent's house for a quiet birthday dinner and cake.  

If anyone has some tips for me regarding my new phone...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!  :)

Enjoy the day!

Tracy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment