.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Poolside with Friends

Hello!  How are you today?  

Yesterday I had a few of my friends from work over for a little afternoon get together.  While the kids were swimming, we had the opportunity to catch up.  You see, during the school year, we see each other every day so we know what's going on in each others lives.  In the summer, we lose touch for a brief period of time...but we never have trouble picking up where we left off.

    
Of course, there always has to be food involved...so I made a few things to munch on poolside.  

First up, Giada's Pea Pesto Crostini.  I've made this before and linked the recipe to my blog, but it really is delicious and worth trying.




I made my sister-in-law's pizza dip, which I also featured before in a previous post...but I didn't give the recipe.   

Easy Pizza Dip 

1 - 8 ounce brick of low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 jar of pizza sauce {I only use half}
1 - 2 cup bag of shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Spread softened cream cheese in a microwavable pie plate.


2.  Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese.



3.  Top with mozzarella.


4.  Microwave 4 - 6 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.


Serve with tortilla chips.  Easy peasy!!!!  Beth brought bruschetta with whole wheat toasts which also tasted good on a hot day. 




For a little sweet on the side, I stopped at My Boy's Baking for some of their biscotti bits.  Typical biscotti is dry and hard, but their biscotti is on the soft side and just delectable.  I also learned a little tidbit today: They were featured on The Rachel Ray Show a few years ago.



We had such a fun time catching up...but we all agreed that summer can last forever.  

As for running, I am giving myself an "off" day.  I'm crossing my fingers that I can hit a yoga class this evening.    

How do you like to spend you summer days? 

Enjoy the day!


Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment