.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Recap and a Steamy Run

Good morning!  I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July filled with family, friends, food and fun!

We trekked out to State College, PA {home of the Penn State Nittany Lions} to visit Fred's uncle and his family.  Uncle Dick is an electrical engineer for the college and literally lives down the hill from Beaver Stadium.  It's pretty cool. 

On our way out, we stopped at my favorite local winery, Pinnacle Ridge.  We picked up a few bottles, some to take to the picnic and some to take home.  





After a great dinner, we set up our chairs for the fireworks.  State College puts on a spectacular show which is set to music.  One of Uncle Dick's friends was actually the creator of setting pyrotechnics to songs and is known all over the word for his work. 

I was testing out the "fireworks" setting on my camera and here are a few of the cool photos I captured. 








  
This morning, I mustered up a steamy 4.5 mile run.  This was the farthest I've gone in a while and I felt pretty good.  Except for the first mile {8:18}, I ran all of the other miles in 7:40 pace or under.  For this picture, I think the camera steamed up when I brought it outside to take a photo of the watch. 



For breakfast, I had my usual Greek yogurt and ground flax, but this time I topped it with a juicy white peach.  Yum!



What did you do for your Fourth of July?  Anything fun or exciting?

Have a great day and stay cool!

Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment