.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, August 3, 2012

A Picnic Dinner and 6 Miles

TGIF!  This week flew by...


Last night after the taping of RCN's Sports Talk, I met Fred and the girls over at our friends' house {Jolene and Sib}.  We had a nice little cookout and some good food too...including grilled filet with sauteed onions, pesto pasta salad, a tossed green salad, eggplant, pepper and tomato casserole and fresh bread. 


It's not the best picture, but it sure was yummy!  


Jolene was trying to talk me into going with her and a group of girls to run a half marathon at Disney in February.  We shall see!
 

This morning, I got up and hit the roads for a six mile run.  Yet again, the humid air really got to me.  I even tried to drink extra water the last day or two to see if that would help.  I also think my Garmin is a little off because miles 2 - 6 were run in an average of 7:30 pace, but my time just isn't adding up.  




Plus, I had to almost run around the block for my watch to register as 6 miles.  This was weird because I ran my normal out and back course.  Hmmm....


After my run, I went to see my chiropractor for another ultrasound treatment and ART.  I will go twice next week as well, and then go from there.  In all honesty, the Achilles is feeling better already.  


As for tonight, I am going to my 20th reunion get together party.  That's right.  The big 2-0!  I just can't believe that I have been out of high school for that long because I certainly don't feel like I have.  I am looking forward to seeing my former classmates and catching up with their lives.  


On the docket for running this weekend: easy 5 tomorrow and then 8 {hopefully} on Sunday.  


Have a great rest of your Friday!


Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Our dinner spread holds no torch to Tracy's cooking skills---Jolene

    ReplyDelete