.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mini Track Session and Day Two Detox Recap

Happy Wednesday!  Today I begin day three of my "detox" plan for ridding my system of the bad stuff {i.e. salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, etc}.  Not that wheat, soy, dairy are bad by any means, but I am giving my body a break and trying to eat cleaner for seven full days.  In case you are new to my blog, you can find out what I am doing here and here.  

Yesterday looked like this:

6:45AM - room temperature water with lemon and a handful of blueberries {before my 75 minute yoga class}
9:15 AM - detox tea and some more lemon water
9:45AM - strawberry, blueberry and spinach smoothie {with some water for liquid}


12:00PM - celery with almond butter and 1/2 cup of last night's brown rice
2:30PM - handful of raw almonds
5:00 PM - run
7:00 PM - quinoa with steamed broccoli and tomatoes tossed with a cut-up chicken breast from last night and some strawberries on the side


Yesterday morning I had an interesting conversation with Laurel, my yoga instructor.  She is somewhat of an expert on cleanses and said a true cleanse doesn't involve the rice right away.  I definitely can see that, but if I am running the miles I am, I need a little more substance to my diet than just fruits and veggies.  That's my opinion since I know how my body runs works.  Let's just say that what I am doing is probably considered a modified cleanse.... 

Exercise:  
1} Morning yoga session {75 minutes}
2} Afternoon Track Session {approximately 5.5 miles}
I wanted to get my legs moving so I decided a little session on the track was in order.  After a three mile warm-up, Jesse let me in the gate and timed me for six 200s.  The first one was just a gauge/warm-up, especially since I didn't do the normal drill routine.
  
6 x 200 - 40.94, 38.9, 37.8, 37.7, 36.9 {1.5 minutes rest in between each}

After the workout, I did a 1.5 mile cool down.  Up until this point, I felt completely fine.  But while I was cooling down, I was physically spent.  I'm thinking that my body still has to get used to what I am eating {and not eating}.  
As for today, I am heading into my classroom for the first time since June and then I have a trip to the chiropractor.  Enjoy your day!   

1 comment:

  1. The quinoa, chicken, broccoli and tomatoes looks very good! I want to know how you feel after a few days of eating so clean and raw. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete