.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy First

We’ve all heard the saying “time flies when you’re having fun," and it's been no different when it comes to this blog.  I can proudly say that The Runner’s Palate is one year old today and it all began with a little post titled “Hello World.” 

Recently I’ve been reflecting upon all of the posts written and the experiences had over the past year, so I thought I would share my little trip down memory lane with a few of my favorite posts.  Some are about races run, while others outline recipes, workouts or simple daily doings.  I hope you enjoy the blog’s birthday recap.  My mission for beginning The Runner's Palate was simple...to share my experiences with you and I think I was able to achieve just that.  Thank you for reading!



One of my favorite ways to cook is to get creative with what I have in the kitchen.  This post features an easy pasta dish with very few ingredients: tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, Parmesan, pasta and some reserved pasta water. 



Quick Meals in a Jiffy

Need a few dinner ideas that are easy to make on a weeknight?  This post has them...check it out! 


   
This soup is always a favorite with my family because it's quick and easy, yet simple enough to satisfy the taste buds of children.  Even better...part of it is taken from my grandmother's stash of secrets.  


 

...ever.  Hands down.  I made this same recipe for New Year's Eve with these pretty toppers made from melted chocolate. 




Last February my colleagues and I prepared a meal for the residents of Safe Harbor, a local shelter for people in need.  It was such an amazing experience and we are planning a return trip in the near future.  

  

One of my favorite things to do is spend time with my buddy, especially on long walks at beautiful trails. 



Sometimes races put you on top of the world while other times they don't go as planned.  I can honestly say, however, that every race is a learning experience all of its own.  



My 1500 meter race in April didn't go the way I wanted {see above}, but I came back the next week with a fairly decent time trial in its place.




Meeting my celebrity food idol was exciting both to me and my eight year old daughter.  Giada came to town last March while touring for her new cookbook.  





Days at the beach are super fun and extremely relaxing, ones I wouldn't trade for the world.  



Fred and I are big fans of wine so the New York Finger Lakes is one of our favorite places to visit.  Locally, we participate in the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail's March Madness event every year as well.



Via-Community Spotlight and Charity Event
Shooting a Via Promo Spot
Via Promo Spot - View it Here!
Via Race Recap - Part One
Via Race Recap - Part Two

One local organization that I volunteer with is Via, a non-profit that helps adults and children with disabilities make social connections and gain employment.  Their biggest fundraiser is a marathon/half/relay held each September.  Check out some of the past posts about this wonderful event.  Even Bart Yasso stopped by to check it out...

 

Top Ten Reasons Why I Run




Back in October, I was invited to attend events specifically for bloggers that were held in conjunction with the Runner's World Half and Festival.  It was an amazing experience, which included a meet and greet with US Olympian Shalane Flanagan. 





Before the holidays, my mom and I took my daughter to New York City to see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall.  What a fun day for all of us!




Christmas is a special time for my family and these posts captured a little bit about what our holidays looked like this past year.  




This past weekend I participated in a Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics of PA and we braved the cold waters for a good cause.  As they say...we were freezin' for a reason!  


I can go on and on about all of the places I went, the people I met and the things I have seen.  From last year until today, I posted 343 times.  Thank you again for reading and I look forward to an even better second year!  

  


 

1 comment: