.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another “Easy Peasy” Meal.


Hello friends...Happy Wednesday!!

Ok, so I have another meal that is easy to pull together and especially healthy to eat.  I call this recipe my “Grilled Chicken with Salsa” and it is a fav of my family, especially Fred. (I know, not the most creative title for a recipe...but it gives you the idea.)

Here’s what I do…

To start, I make my own salsa.


To make salsa, you don't need exact measurements...

About:
4 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
¼ to a ½ of a red onion, chopped
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Juice from a lime
Salt and pepper
A pinch of sugar (if the tomatoes are not ripe)

Place all in a bowl and mix together.  Taste, and then chill overnight.

For the chicken, season skinless, boneless chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.  Grill until just about done.  Place a piece of foil under the chicken and add some shredded cheddar cheese on top.  Close grill cover and melt cheese.  Note: The foil is so the cheese doesn't melt through the grates of the grill.

Once the chicken is done and off the grill, top with a large helping of fresh salsa and a nice dollop of sour cream.  




I served this meal with the Golden Jewel Blend mixture from Wegman’s (consisting of couscous, orzo, split baby garbanzo beans and red quinoa).  


I made this side dish with chicken broth (rather than water) for extra flavor.


The finished product...light and fluffy!


Plus, I had a salad and strawberries sweetened with agave nectar.  

This meal is ridiculously easy and totally delicious.  The salsa can be made a tad spicier by adding a chopped jalapeno pepper or some red pepper flakes.  

Running: Nine miles with Lauretta later....

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment