.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Night Out on the Town

Happy Wednesday!

Once the school dismissal bell rang yesterday, the second half of my day began...

First, I got a quick run in with my friend, Katie.  She wanted to do about 3 and I wanted to get in 5, so we started our jaunt together.  Here we are just before departing from school.




It was warmer than I thought and I hate it when I overdress for a run.  It's a pet peeve of mine.  Katie was smart to bring shorts! 

After the run, I raced home and got a quick shower before heading out to an open house at the Marriott Courtyard with my husband.  Fred was invited to attend this event since he houses far away teams that are in town for sports tournaments and games.  Of course...I was his date!  




I particularly thought this area was cool.  Marriott opened up the lobby to encourage guests to hang out in the evening, rather than be stuffed alone in a quiet hotel room.  The decor was very modern, bright, and inviting.  Notice the bright orange?  Yep...the color of the moment!

After the hotel event, we decided to head out on the town for a nice dinner since we were "childless" for the evening.  Fred and I wanted to try something new and different.  You know...step out of the box and experiment with a new restaurant.  Our final destination...Lee Gribbens on Main in Emmaus.  


This picture above was taken from the internet and it doesn't do the place justice.  Neither do the photos below since they were taken using my Blackberry.  Trust me...the food was outstanding!  

Here's the very fuzzy "Specials" menu.




Each table was adorned with this cute little plant, along with their daily drink specials.  Fred and I were on the boring side and settled each with a glass of red wine rather than with a fun drink.




When Fred and I go out, we like to each order something different and then share the entrees.  About half way through, we switch!

Fred ordered the Beef Stroganoff that was featured on the "Specials" menu.  The beef tenderloin tips were cooked to a medium perfection and the sauce was flavorful, but not too heavy.  It was served over pasta. Yum!


I took a chance and ordered the Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry over Rice.  The tender chicken pieces and al dente vegetables were mixed in a brown sauce that was sweet at first, but then ended on a rather spicy note. 



We were pleasantly surprised with both dishes and would definitely make a return trip to this restaurant.  In addition, both meals were served piping hot and remained that way all the way through.  Delish!

We ended the evening relaxing with Willsey and watching the very funny movie, Chuck and Larry.   

What's up for tonight?  Hopefully a quick run after school and a banquet for Via, an organization we both support.  

I know, I know, I am am due to post a new recipe.  This has been a crazy week and one will be coming soon.

Make it a great day!

Tracy

  









1 comment:

  1. Bachelor Pad BarryMarch 28, 2012 at 9:06 AM

    You both look very dapper at the Marriott! I need a new recipe asap, I have no ideas for cooking. I had canned soup the last 3 nights!

    ReplyDelete