.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Capturing the Ideal Capri


My gosh...who knew it would be so hard to find pants or capris that actually fit?  For you runners out there...is it me, or is it hard to find pants that aren’t too loose in the waist or too tight in the thighs? 

On Saturday afternoon, I went to the mall with my mom to help her choose new eyeglasses.  While I was waiting for her to finish, I had the opportunity to browse the mall.  Mind you, this is a rare occasion to 1.) actually be AT the mall, and 2.) to be kid-less there as well.  


As I was browsing the outside area, I went in a few stores with the mission of finding the perfect capri/ankle length pant for me.  After stops at Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, White House/Black Market and J. Crew…nada!  No luck. 

Since my mom was almost finished, I had time for one more store so I chose to browse The Gap.  As I walked in, I saw the perfect pair of roll-up “Broken In Straight” khakis staring me down.  Bingo!  They looked perfect.  

After trying on a few sizes, I found the one for me.  Here is a little pic taken from their website in the color I purchased (winter ochre).  



Cute, right?  Now I usually don’t pay full-price for clothing, but these fit so nicely that I couldn’t resist!  Here are the product specs:


Next step?  My plan is to wait for them to go on sale and then purchase a few of the other colors because they are a great addition to my spring wardrobe.

Lauretta and I had the “pant buying” conversation on one of our runs last week.  Runners naturally have muscular legs and smaller waists and this can be a tricky combination when browsing through the racks of skinny jeans and straight cut styles.  Oh well, I guess it’s the trade-off we must make… 

What do you think?  As a runner, do you have this problem?  What cuts and brands do you find to be perfect for you?

Enjoy the day!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment