.quickedit{display:none;}

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A New "Food Find"

Morning!  It's finally Thursday, March 29th and today I will meet my food idol, Giada DeLaurentiis!  



After school I will be heading up to the Allentown Wegman's for her book signing and I will be sure to bring along my camera.  More details on that tomorrow. 


On to the post of the day...


Last weekend I picked up these Baked Lentil Chips in the organic section of my local grocery store.  As you can see, the bag is a little wrinkled and tattered because my husband got a hold of them.  He's not very delicate with food handling and he loved them!  :)


These chips are high in fiber, low in fat and gluten free...all good things in a snack.  I like to dip them in hummus, top them with a Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge, or just eat them plain.  They also have a wonderful crispy, airy texture. 




Take a look at all of the good ingredients...




These chips come in a variety of flavors including Rosemary, Roasted Pepper, Cucumber Dill, Parmesan Garlic, and Cracked Pepper.   They also have other available items such as crackers, multi-grain chips, veggie chips, and Wingers (which I think is like a chicken wing-flavor chip). 



The Mediterranean Snacks website includes recipes, snaking ideas, and their own blog.  



I always like learning about new products that are not only delicious, but also healthy for my family so I thought I would pass this little snack on to you.  I hope you enjoy them!


Do you have any new "food finds" to share?  I would love to hear from you!


Have a great Thursday!


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment