.quickedit{display:none;}

Friday, March 9, 2012

Emeril’s Sugar Snap Peas and Pork Tenderloin.


Good morning!  It’s the last day of the work week...Yay!

After last night’s wine pairing dinner full of decadent courses and indulgent wines and dessert (more on that this weekend), I have a simple pork tenderloin dinner that I pulled together Wednesday night for my family.

First and foremost, I always marinate pork tenderloin at least 24 hours prior to grilling.  Giving the marinade time to penetrate the meat always makes it extra delicious.  That night, I used a store bought teriyaki marinade, but I usually make my own. 


For the sides, I made another one of Wegman’s rice blends.  For more flavor, I added three beef bouillon cubes to the water prior to adding the rice.  



The vegetable of the night was sugar snap peas sautéed with garlic, olive oil, and a splash of white wine.  I learned this simple method while having dinner at Emeril’s Chop House restaurant in Bethlehem.  With the meal I ordered, these peas came on the side and I just had to know how they were made.  The waitress shared the secret and I have been preparing them this way ever since.  


How?  Heat about two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan and then sauté 2 cloves of minced garlic for a few minutes.  Add about two to three cups of peas, a splash of white wine, and salt/pepper.  Stir and cover, cook on medium-low for about ten minutes.  Perfect every time! 


It was mighty delicious!

Usually when we have a family dinner, I light a few votive candles for “atmosphere.”  My girls think it is fancy.


Ok, I must be getting to school but I will leave you with this photo.   


My daughter lost a tooth at school on Wednesday and was so proud, she wanted the whole world to know…or at least the neighborhood.  Apparently she ran out of room on the driveway and had to hyphenate the word "tooth."  Kids these days!  

TGIF!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment