.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, April 30, 2012

Beach Weekend: Days 2 & 3

Hi Guys, 


As you may have guessed from the previous post, Fred and I spent a long weekend at the Jersey shore...Diamond Beach, to be exact.  


Our Saturday was full of sightseeing, eating, and even a winery.  To start, we had a wonderful breakfast at a place called Alonsi's.  This little spot was a part of a larger hotel {but the name slips my mind}.  Fred had his usual omelet and I had crepes filled with strawberries.  

After breakfast, we headed south {again} towards the Cape May area and our first stop was the Cape May Winery.  I was pleasantly surprised.  This place was gorgeous and their wine was delightful.  Check out the entrance!






We decided to do some sampling {obviously) and their tasting room was beautiful.  Barrels of wine lined the southern wall and they had little seating areas scattered throughout the large space.  






When we arrived, there was quite a crowd so we got comfortable and made our selections.  






The outside area was also very pleasant.  It was a little chilly, so we decided to enjoy a glass of wine inside.  For Fred, a glass of Chardonnay...and for me, their Red Reserve.






After our visit to the winery we were hungry for a snack, so we headed over to a little place called Lucky Bones, which was a recommendation from the day prior.  As we entered, the overwhelming smell of hard wood burning took over and we were hooked.  Between the wood burning pizza oven and the fireplace, this place smelled amazing.  






We ordered a few snacks to hold us over until dinner.  Fred ordered the Prime Rib Sandwich from the specials board and I ordered an Arugula salad with Green Goddess Dressing and an appetizer portion of Baby Back Ribs.  We both agreed the salad was the best part of the whole meal!


Later that night we headed to a local watering hole, The Crest Tavern.  Then we hit an adorable ice cream shop for some homemade ice cream...chocolate peanut butter for me and plain vanilla for Fred.  Yet again, my photos from these two places are MIA...hmmm...I am wondering what is going on?

Sunday morning was the best day out of the three, weather-wise.  The wind died down and the sun was shining and warm.  I decided to lace up my shoes and hit the roads for a 5 mile run.  The roads at the beach are VERY flat and sometimes boring, but I ran an out and back jaunt.  Part of it was on the boardwalk, which felt good on my legs.  


When I came back, we headed to the beach for a little salty air before we packed up and headed north.  The sand between my toes felt amazing...summer, here I come!











Here's the view from the ocean to our condo...




Next up, a snack at O'Boyle's, a little Irish place in Wildwood.  We split their version of nachos...but instead of tortilla chips, theirs were made with homemade potato chips!





Unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end.  However, we made the most of the ride home by driving up the coast through various NJ beach destinations...Wildwood, Stone Harbor, Avalon, Sea Isle City and Ocean City, NJ.  

We stopped in Stone Harbor to walk around for a little while and Fred came upon this...


Of course, this was a perfect photo opportunity!


What a relaxing weekend...one we both needed.  Again, I am bummed that some of my photos were lost in the shuffle, but this mini getaway was the perfect glimpse of summer.  


I hope you enjoy your Monday!


Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment