.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Gift for Mom {or Anyone, Really}

Hello!  How are you today? 

Before I head to a teachers' in-service at school, I want to show you a cute gift that I made my mom for Easter.  I wanted to get her something as a small token of my family's love, and the usual gifts immediately came to mind {flowers, candy, etc}.  This year, I wanted to try something a little different and here’s what I came up with…


As I was browsing through our local Christmas Tree Shoppe, a store filled with seasonal goodies and home items at reasonable prices, I spotted these painted ceramic garden mushrooms.  



They looked so pleasant and whimsical as they were displayed at the front of the store.  Immediately, I had an idea.  I thought I would adorn each mushroom with the names of my mom’s grandchildren. 

This store also had a variety of cute baskets, so I picked one up, along with some foam for the inside and some paper grass for the top. 



After choosing the perfect four, I used black puffy paint to simply write the names of the kids.  Then I placed them in glasses and left them dry overnight.  

  



Viola!  A cute Easter {or Mother's Day} present that will last through summers to come.  My mom loves her flowers and potted plants and I think these mushrooms will look adorable nestled within her colorful display on the patio.  



Make it a great Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment