.quickedit{display:none;}

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Glorious Golf

Good morning, friends!

I just got back from a very easy 8 miles with Lauretta.  Here we are looking marvelous in our post-run obligatory pose... 


Since she raced yesterday, we decided to do a recovery run {for her} and a semi-long run for me.  





On to the post of the day....Yesterday, my husband and I played in a golf scramble for the George Yasso Scholarship Foundation with our friends, Troy and Jeannine.  




The tournament was held at Southmoore Golf course, just a few miles north of where we live.  Southmoore is a popular course for local golf outings and championships.  




We started our round at hole 17 and believe it or not, there were two teams beginning on each hole.  It was a huge turnout!




Ready to go...




Check out all of the carts lined up in the background...



Cute shoes are always a plus!  :)




Southmoore is a course with amazing views high on the hilltops...




Since it was a scramble, the best ball is always played.  My foursome actually used some of the balls that I hit, like this one...{There it is at the bottom of the photo}




Fred and Troy wait for the foursome in front of us to leave the green.  




 Fred and I also buy some time while waiting to tee off...




I love this ball that says "Go Long" because it kind of reminds me of long distance running.  Note to self: I need a new glove since that one is about eight years old and has the tips cut out for long fingernails, which I obviously don't have. 


Check out these little guys...they did not want to budge from the ladies tee box.  We had to relocate them and they were not happy.




We also saw wild turkeys that were hanging out in a field just off the twelfth hole and Fred was fascinated that these wild animals were so close to the green.  The one male turkey was fanned out and strutted his manliness for his women {Fred's words}. 





For those of you who follow the legendary Bart Yasso from Runner's World, he sponsored a hole in today's outing since it was held in memory of his brother. 


Plus, our good friend {Jim Wills} also sponsored a hole.  Love Jim!!!




Here I am in my backswing.  I wonder how this shot turned out??




Here's Jeannine hitting the ball on an uphill fairway.  There seemed to be several of those today.




Fred hydrated with FRED water.  When I saw this at the local convenience store, I had to get it.  





Finally after five and a half hours of golf, the round ended and we hit the buffet line for a dinner of sausage & peppers, roast chicken, potatoes, and some type of mixed vegetables with corn.  Jeannine got lucky and won a gift card to a local restaurant, while the rest of us went home empty-handed.




What a great day!  It was so nice to relax and enjoy a day out with friends on the course.  Golf isn't something we do often due to time constraints, family commitments, etc...but when we do get out there, we always come home and say we need to golf together more.  Oh, if only there were more hours in the day?!?

Have a great Sunday!

Tracy










2 comments:

  1. It really was a fun day, an you and Fred are such a fun couple! Thanks for letting me know about your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We had a great time too! Enjoy your weekend.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete