.quickedit{display:none;}

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer's Back!

Oh my gosh...yesterday was beautiful!  There wasn't a cloud in the sky, the breeze was warm, and the sun was hot!  In my book, it was the perfect day to be poolside, and that is just what I did.  In between loads of laundry, I sat outside by our pool and read my new Food Network magazine since it's been laying on the table and staring at me for over a week.  




Ahh!  I totally enjoyed myself.  This was just a glimpse of what is to come in just a few short weeks.

Following with the summer theme, we grilled for dinner.  Although we use the grill all year long, I decided to make sliders with little cubes of provolone hidden in the middle.  

  
I didn't have rolls, so I compromised with the next best thing {something that I had on hand}...toast.  




Plus ketchup!




They turned out moist and delicious and the kids loved the little cheese surprise when they took their first bite.  On the side, I cooked up some farro, a whole grain with a nutty flavor, plus I roasted some veggies in the oven.  I mixed them all together with a quick vinaigrette of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, agave nectar, and a squirt of dijon mustard.  Unfortunately, this was a spontaneous dish and I didn't measure a thing.  Therefore, I don't have a recipe for you.  But it's the exact reason I love cooking so much...you can mix things together with no measurements!






To cap the night off, we had a movie night complete with stove-popped popcorn.  I call that a great day!


As for today, I ran 11 miles with Lauretta.  This time, we ran from her house and hit the canal tow path since it's nice and soft {and flat for my Achilles tendonitis}.  I will REALLY miss running with her when she moves to start her new job! :(


Now I'm off to work at Liberty High School's Athletic Booster Club's golf tournament.  I believe they have me stationed at a par 3 hole, but I'm not sure.  It looks like we have another great day in store for us...enjoy it no matter what you do!


Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment