.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, May 14, 2012

Cute Gift: Citrus Hand Scrub

Hello!  


It's Monday...where does the time go?  I'm coming off a nice and relaxing weekend, ending with a lovely Mother's Day celebration with my family at our house.  Fred grilled and I made dessert...chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.  Of course, the day wouldn't have been complete without a photo shoot of the kids, plus one with my mom and sister. 


Also, I hinted the other day about a homemade Mother's Day gift made by my daughter and me.  Since we gifted them yesterday, I can let you in on the secret.  Here was my hint...


Payton and I made a homemade citrus hand scrub that is all natural and really makes the hands super smooth.  I got the idea from a recent bridal shower and I thought it was a nice way to say "I love you" to all of the moms in my family. 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup kosher salt (or iodized salt)
1 cup olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange 
Optional - lemon extract for scent

Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.




It kind of resembles a lemon snow cone, don't you think?


Package the mixture into little mason jars, top with a piece of fabric and adorn with a self-created tag.


And presenting...a cute little gift for a women of any age!




This scrub is made of easy-to-find ingredients and is very simple to put together.  The best part...it looks very pretty!



Time for school...have a great day! 

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment