.quickedit{display:none;}

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Freezing Bread.

Hello friends!


It's Wednesday and I am getting ready for a field trip with my class.  Field trip days are always fun, but they are also equally exhausting!  Before I head into school, I thought I would share a little tip with you.  


On Monday, I purchased one of Wegman's premium breads from their bakery.  It's called Marathon Energy Bread because it is filled with lots of good ingredients that gives you lots of energy.  Take a look:


This particular loaf is a little pricier than most, so I wanted to savor every last ounce.  To do this, first I cut the remaining portion into nice slices.




Look at all of the good stuff inside each slice...pumpkin seeds, cranberries, carrots...



Then I wrapped them individually in freezer-safe wrap.





And finally, I placed them in a large, reusable bag and popped them in the freezer.  To eat, all I need to do is defrost the slices in the microwave for a few seconds or leave them out to thaw overnight.    


This is a very simple tip...possibly one that you use already...but I love having delicious bread at my fingertips in a moments notice. 

And...
Yesterday I ventured to the Lehigh Valley Zoo for a field trip with my daughter's class.  Of course, my buddies were there too...the room moms {Sue, me, Heather and Rebecca}! 


Although exhausting...we had a great time and so did the kiddies.  Plus, the weather held out too...phew!  :)

Finally...last night, Lauretta and I attended a little get together after the Freedom High School athletic awards banquet.  We had a nice time chatting and hanging out.  






Have a great Wednesday!


Tracy






No comments:

Post a Comment