.quickedit{display:none;}

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tres Leches Cake...Yum!

In my opinion, Cinco de Mayo is America's reason to drink Corona and down nachos, chips and salsa.  Hey...why not??  Right?


Because my friends at school jump at the chance to celebrate everything and anything, we had a Cinco de Mayo lunch on Thursday where we all brought different dishes to the table.  


Normally I would make homemade salsa, but this time I signed up for my husband's favorite...tres leches cake {milk cake}.  Traditionally, this cake is made with three types of milk {obvi}, but the recipe I use calls for four.


Tres Leches Cake Recipe

My husband would have been really upset if I made only one cake and took it to school, so I baked two...one to take and one to leave at home.  

First, I followed the recipe instructions for the cake portion.  Once removed from the oven, I poked holes throughout and set it aside to cool.  Note: I like to use throw-away tins for items taken to school so I can just leave them there and not worry.


Once the cake is cooled, follow the recipe by combining the three types of milk and pour over the cake.  The liquid will seep into the holes and the sides to create a ridiculously moist cake.




Whip together the heavy cream, vanilla and sugar and spread over the top of the cake.  Place in the refrigerator to chill.





I hope that you enjoyed your Cinco de Mayo this past weekend.  I know my household {and my friends at school} were perfectly happy with this cake since it's crazy good.  I highly recommend trying this recipe!

Enjoy your day!
Tracy 










No comments:

Post a Comment